Follow

Friday, July 14, 2017

FISHDUCKY, THE DUCK, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND PART 5




HOW DO I LOVE THEE?

A HISTORY OF LOVE & MARRIAGE IN ECARDS

(This is one of a series of my earliest & most popular posts.  This was originally published July, 2012.  As always, all the cartoons are new.)



COURTSHIP—Where everything is beautiful:




You have to put some effort
into making the marriage work:



Sometimes, though you come to a realization:


And then this happens:






But if you think about WHY you
married each other in the first place


You CAN have a long & happy life together!


We’ve already done this:


But at my age this is downright scary:


This is one of the cards I gave Bud
on our last anniversary:


I have absolutely no idea why this old joke popped into my mind:

“Do you know why Jewish men die before their wives?
 Because they want to!”

Here's Alan King on that subject:














We’ve made it 124 years (62 each) so far & we’re still counting----fishducky


 




18 comments:

  1. Big smiles. And heres to more years for you and Bud. My mother summed it up beautifully for me 'its not that we think the people we love are perfect - we just prefer their faults to other people's virtues. (Mostly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 62 years for you and Bud.

    I laughed at all of these cartoons, Thank you for making me see the true side of love and marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marriage is VERY different after 60 years than 6!!

      Delete
  3. These were all delightful and a wee bit true. Always enjoyed Alan King. One of a kind. Congrats on your 128 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean, a WEE bit true? I should have said 124!!

      Delete
  4. I adore annoying Willy Dunne Wooters and will probably drive him into his grave. You and Bud are here to stay.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've found your perfect partner!!

      Delete
  5. I laughed at so many of these I can't single one out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome, my friend!!

      Delete
  6. Congrats to you and Bud on 124 years. Thanks for not calculating that in dog years. Then I would REALLY feel inferior, with my mere 27 years. Or 54 if you count Hick. Which I usually don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never occurred to me to go solo, as in "I've been married 62 years." I like it!!

      Delete
  7. Life is meant to be lived but it's not easy figuring out what to do with the other half most of the time.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, the two tyrannosauruses trying to hug each other is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of smiles here today. The dog with the leg cracked me up, partly because it reminded me of a cartoon I saw many years ago. In the cartoon, an enthusiastic dog is,um... enjoying... a visitor's face, and the dog's owner says, "Oh, good! I think he likes you!"

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.