Follow

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

DRIVING MISS DUCKY





These are some driving experiences we've all had:


















I sold my car & don't drive any more.  This part (only) is from an old post:

I could never understand why men doubt women’s ability to drive.  Once, when I was backing out of a parking space at Sears, a very simple thing to do, I noticed a man standing behind me, directing me & waving me on.  He said, “Plenty of room, lady!”  I wanted to kill him!  If I had, I’m sure a jury (of women) would have found sufficient cause to set me free.

Another example:  I drove through a very narrow, twisty entryway into a crowded parking lot. The attendant then told me they were full.  I asked him if there was someplace I could turn around & he told me there wasn’t—I would have to back out the way I came in.  I told him OK & put the car in reverse.  He started to give me a lesson on how to back my car out.  I leaned out the window & said, “No problem—I used to drive race cars for a living!”  A total lie, but who cares?

I will to admit the occasional accident.  While trying (unsuccessfully) to make a left turn I got T-boned by another car.  The paramedics (Are ALL paramedics cute?   It may be a job requirement.) thought I had two broken wrists.  It turned out only one was actually broken.  I now have a 7” plate in my arm.  My new Mustang, which had less than 1,000 miles on it, suffered extensive damage.  It’s all better now.  The paramedics caused me more (mental) pain than the accident did.  They took scissors & cut off my brand new black leather jacket.  I loved that jacket!   I’d bought it in a consignment shop, but it was new to me. 





























----fishducky

 


22 comments:

  1. When we travelled by motorbike my partner rode and I made the gestures. We mostly travel by car now. Not a lot has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEBODY still has to be in charge of gestures!!

      Delete
  2. In our family it's Mrs. Chatterbox who usually does the driving. I get distracted easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do not need to be alert to gesture!!

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I like,"I used to drive race cars for a living" Pretty sure I will borrow that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can have it; no need to return it!!

      Delete
  4. If some guy tried to tell me how to back out of a parking place, I think I'd pull back in and just sit there. Maybe pull out a bottle of polish to put another coat on my nails just to show him that I don't need him to tell me what to do.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That happened 40+ years ago; I'm not sure how I'd react now!!

      Delete
    2. Another possibility would be backing up very fast and hitting the guy.

      Delete
    3. Do you think Bud would have defended me?

      Delete
  5. Sadly I can relate to most of these.

    I stole the BMW driving school, I will use that someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to use anything you want in my posts, though I wouldn't mind a little credit!!

      Delete
  6. I did most of the driving before I retired, if we were ever in heavy traffic Cindy would gasp and throw her feet up on the dash like she was bracing herself, I told her that it wouldn't be funny if I hit something and and the airbag caused her to knee herself in the face.

    Since I retired she does all the driving, one day for laughs I grabbed the door handle and put my feet on the dash,and gasped loudly, she looked at me for a minute and simply said "Not funny Jimmy"...I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny; not hilarious, but funny!!

      Delete
  7. I totally do the turning-the-radio-down thing when I'm trying to figure out where I'm going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "How sweet of you. A ticket to what?"
    Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you notice she was blond? I'm sure it was just a coincidence!!

      Delete
  9. All of those pictures are too relatable! Especially the "goooo" one and turning off music so I can see better.
    My mom turns 50 next month and she's decided to get a drivers licence. Good luck to us all. Especially her, because learning driving with our dad is not an easy thing to do, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently turning down the radio so you can see better is a common thing!!

      Delete

Your comments make my day, which shows you how boring my life has become.